Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension proposal (quick action wanted)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 18:52:01 EET

>> > more seriously, do you think there should be support for the "GUI is
>> > not running on the same system as the LADSPA host" case ?
>>
>> I think there should at least be the potential for future support even if
>> it doesnt exist right now.
> LADSPA 3.0?

no, support for this is already present in LCP 0.0.1. notice that the
wording didn't say that the LADSPA plugin is on a different system
from the host, merely that the GUI is running on a different system
than the host.

in the tarball, for example:

   host1> ./s <my-ip-address>:port & # the "host"
   host2> ./c <my-ip-address>:port # the "GUI"

--p