Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control Protocol v0.0.1 now available

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Control Protocol v0.0.1 now available
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 20:06:09 EET

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:27:30 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> int lcp_write (lcp_client_t *client,
> unsigned long plugin,
> unsigned long port,
> LADSPA_Data value);

Is this unsigned long plugin the ladspa_id? If so how does the server know
which instance its meant for (assuming there are several)?

I presume that eventually the gui will be called with
argv[1]=<server-address> and argv[2]=<plugin-id>.

If there is one socket per GUI then why does the client need to specify?

> int lcp_read (lcp_client_t *client,
> unsigned long plugin,
> unsigned long port,
> LADSPA_Data *value);

And I guess this isn't implemented yet? Will it be a case of adding the
pid to a select and then calling it when it comes up?

- Steve