Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Sat Dec 15 2001 - 19:24:50 EET

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Mark Constable wrote:

> Please, no more half-way compromises with OSS... kill it, do not even
> consider "backwards compatibility" for old OSS apps! Are there any
> worthwhile salavaging in light of newer developments ? Every ounce of
> effort towards maintaining (crappy) backwards compatibility for old
> OSS mainly/only systems takes away effort from enhancing true ALSA
> apps.

true, just look at windows. however, don't throw out oss-emu completely
(just don't compromise with it - hey, it's a compile-option anyway), as
there are commercial audio programs that don't support alsa yet (like
real*). but this is more an alsa-dev topic. new apps should just be
alsa, of course!

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'