[linux-audio-dev] Fired

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Fired
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 17:42:30 EET

Greetings:

  Last week the apartment building immediately adjacent to mine burned
to the ground. A firewall between the buildings prevented flame damage,
but my apartment suffered significant smoke damage. One room is
completely destroyed, all my clothing is ruined, and all of my property
is smoke damaged to some extent.

  Amazingly my machines (computers and synths) are in working order.
However, I am currently without a residence and will remain so until my
apartment has been cleaned and recarpeted. Meanwhile I will be on-line
only intermittently and must put all of my projects on hold for at least
another month.

  No-one was hurt in the fire (which took two days to completely burn
out), and I'm fine. I'll be staying with my girlfriend for some of the
down time, and I'll be in my apartment some of the time for cleaning and
salvaging what I can. I did not have renter's insurance, but thankfuly
the only significant loss so far has been my clothing. I will have to
replace a lot of other stuff (keyboards, mice, kitchen utensils and
small appliances) but again thankfully that's a very small expense. I'm
very happy just to be vertical and breathing.

  Such an event certainly puts a lot of things into a new perspective.
Fortunately my friends are really pulling through for me (especially my
wonderful Ivy Maria) and I should be back in full swing by the end of
next month. I hope you all enjoy a safe holiday season with your loved
ones, and keep an eye on those yuletide fires ! :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net