Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Still I cannot understand why...
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 22:21:31 EET

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Jussi Laako wrote:

> Specifications of OSS are open so you or anyone else is free to write
> OSS drivers.
>
> Some drivers can't be opensource because some hw manufacturers require
> NDA's for specs.

this makes no sense. the driver for my card is an additional $45
(ice1712) with oss, and it has a nasty bug on init, whereas alsa is free,
open-source, and works great (and better than oss).

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'