[linux-audio-dev] International Computer Music Conference (Habana 2001) & Linux

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] International Computer Music Conference (Habana 2001) & Linux
From: marco trevisani (marco_AT_icmc2001.org)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 17:15:46 EET

       HI all,

As you probably know next ICMC 2001 (International Computer Music
Conference) will take place in Habana, Cuba in September 2001 (18-22).

On the scientific side of the conference we are trying to give as much
exposure to Linux, but the final word depends on you, by
submitting abstracts and/or proposals for the conference and for the
off-icmc events.
We are still accepting abstracts and the deadline is very close:
FEBRUARY 15 2001.
http://www.icmc2001.org/deadlines

One session of the conference, dedicated to Linux audio and computer
music related issues, will have Dave Phillips as key note speaker.

It would be also nice and very interesting to organize, as a off-icmc
event an official meeting for "Linux audio developers".
e-mail to: linux_AT_icmc2001.org

Also we set up a page "Vote your workshop" where we proposed six
different workshops, two of them will happen before the official
ICMC. One of the suggested workshops is on Linux and multimedia. See
if you are interested and...vote your favorite workshop.
Here is the link to the page:
http://www.icmc2001.org/workshop

We are looking forward for your participation and feedback.

   thank you,

   marco trevisani
   ICMC2001 International Coordinator
   marco_AT_icmc2001.org