Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux - another ambitious lad-ish project

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux - another ambitious lad-ish project
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 04:49:30 EET

On Thursday 08 February 2001 22:32, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> > complexity and distribute tasks for other volunteers. We also
> > need volunteers who are ready for taking the given tasks --- we
> > don't need hackers who are only cabable of doing what they like
> > to do.
>
> Uhm, ok, this might work. There are some free software projects
> which keep amazing me with their level of organization. Debian and
> KDE come to mind. But still, I'm not big believer of this concept.
> I guess it comes from my personal views as I believe in strong
> personalities. And there's plenty of examples of that here on LAD,
> and all around the free software world.

There are also plenty of "get to the code" hackers and a few
designers... Might work.

> The numerous sound editor projects that have failed, have not done
> so because of insufficient resources. As I see, the developers have
> just run out of motivation. You know, the old complaint "I'm so
> busy, I just have no time" is just a friendly way of saying "I
> prefer to do something else".

Right on! That's also the major killer issue for projects that
actually do start out with some serious planning; by the time it's
actually time to write some code, the motivation is next to gone...

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'