Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux, stereo and interleaving

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] protux, stereo and interleaving
From: Tom Pincince (stillone_AT_snowcrest.net)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 21:25:22 EET

>I do alot of work with Samplitude right now as Ardour is still in
>development, and data is stored in seperate files. I will give one
minus
>to samplitude and thats that it has a stereo mode where the sound is
>interleaved and stored in a file, and if I do things with this mode, I
>cannot edit each side as well as if I just make a full mono project and

>hard pan the channels.

I used samplitude for one project and , after fooling around with it for
a few hours, I was able to treat the left and right tracks as
independent mono tracks within a stereo project. I recorded to stereo
track 1, then copied and pasted the contents of stereo track 1 to stereo
track 2. Then I opened the track editor, which offers three different
kinds of panning. One of these allows for the independent adjustment of
the left and right volume control. In stereo track 1, I set the right
channel to 0, and in stereo track 2, I set the left channel to 0. This
gave me two functionally independent mono files on their own tracks.
Figuring this out was a bit of a nuisance, but it did allow me to
complete the project.

Tom