[linux-audio-dev] More plugins

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] More plugins
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 04:53:38 EET

Hi everyone,

I've added/finished some plugins:

* A valve (tube) emulator, still sounds a bit digital, but fixable, I need
  to learn more about filters.

* Finished the retro flanger. It now has saturation, smear and whatnot.

* A four tap tape delay, works fine if the tape speed is >1 inch per
  sec., sounds too digital otherwise, see item 1 ;) also no tape
  saturation effect yet.

* A sifter (my word, sorry crap description). It kind of sorts chunks
  of audio numerically to get a ramping effect (actually its a bit more
  complicated than that, because that would just sound nasty). Kinda
  interesting, but input is not musically related to output.

http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.1.11/

The readme is out of date, and the links on the website are still 30 odd
pixels to the right of where they should be in Netscape 4, and I haven't
updated the cpu usage tables yet, but its v. late. Tomorrow

NB If you install the fft library I use then you need to tell its
./configure to install dynamic libraries as well as static ones, or my
./configure gets confused, but I recommend you install the rpms if you
can anyway.

Feedback welcome,
   Steve