Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 01:38:09 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> >Doesn't broadcast 2000 do a lot of this kind of stuff?? Its under the
> >GPL, not sure what the code looks like though. Lates..
>
> AFAIK, it doesn't use pre-computed peakfiles and I'm just about
> certain that it doesn't use any kind of EDL system.
>
> --p

I'm pretty sure it uses both of those features (if I understand them
correctly). Index files are generated for each audio clip opened and
stored in ~/.bcast/. All editing operations are non-destructive. Saving
a project actually just saves a list of edit information in text format,
all original audio files are retained. Once you want an audio file of
your editing, you render it. Lates..
        Josh Green