[linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 15:54:46 EET

Hello LAD.

I have been looking at LADSPA, and programs which use ladspa.h

I realize I do not find a clear definition about in what conditions
ladspa.h can be used.

Since it seems to be included in many incarnations of GPL programs,
(like ecasound), I believe that ladspa.h must be GPL compatible.
In fact, if I am interpreting the GPL properly, including ladspa.h
into a random GPL program distribution tar.gz means it is
under the GPL.

So, what do folks think about the license of ladspa.h ?
Is it GPL-compatible ? (i.e. can anyone randomly modify it,
and redistribute it)

regards
        junichi

--
dancer_AT_debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4