Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] peakfiles and EDL's
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:53:03 EET

>The plan is I think to switch between the amplitude envelope and the real
>wave data based on zoom level if I understand Paul properly.

to be precise, my plan is:

   1) use pre-computed peakfiles at zoom levels above N to display
        an peak-based amplitude envelope.
   2) compute the peak-based amplitude envelopes at zoom levels
        below N but above 1 pixel per sample, using the raw sample data.
   3) draw the actual wavefrom for a zoom level of 1 (or below, though
        unlike snd, ardour's editor doesn't allow for that (yet)).

--p