Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency + RiserFS

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency + RiserFS
From: Andrew Morton (andrewm_AT_uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 15:38:50 EET

Adam Hunt wrote:

> I'm in the process of building a new system and I was planning on making all
> my partions RiserFS under 2.4.0. Has anyone done this before? Have there
> been any latency problems.

There will be latency problems with this setup. Only about 1/4 of the
latency sources are in ext2. The rest are in the directory cache,
the inode cache, the virtual memory system and misc.

The LL patch will certainly help. A lot. There may be some
problems applying it, depending on how much the reiserfs
patch affects other parts of the kernel.

There's only one way to find out!