Re: [linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] A good hand held digital recorder
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 16:38:45 EET

Here is another idea for you: Compaq Ipaq handheld PDA. Runs CE or Linux
( And the linux distro was put together by Compaq and is obtained at
handhelds.org ). The device has a microphone and 32Mb RAM. I am not sure
if it has a line in. You can also get either a Compact Flash II or PCMCIA
sleeve for the device. With compact flash I have seem up to 1 Gig drives
from IBM for sale. I have one of these devices and it works great, no FPU
but has 206Mhz ( which runs a Nintendo emulator :) just fine )

Rick

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |
| Senior Design Engineer +---+ +----+ |