Re: [linux-audio-dev] MAIA status

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MAIA status
From: Guillaume Badaut (gtb_AT_imaginet.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 15 2001 - 18:55:24 EET

David Olofson a écrit :

> As to design, I *think* I have varispeed streaming ports (streaming
> host interface/protocol included) figured out, but the best way to
> find out is probably to implement it.

Hello David !

I have some difficulties to understand your description of the varispeed

streaming ports. No doubt that I lack a more general understanding of
the
MAIA basics (architechtural overview). In spite of this, could you tell
me why you call "Stream Points" what seems *to me* be more like "Stream
Windows" ?

Another question : you certainly know that there already exist some
other
media frameworks under development (aRts, GStreamer...). In a few words,

could you explain to me how MAIA does compare with these tools. In fact,

do they have the same goal. If yes, why implementing another media
framework instead of improving the existing ones ? Does MAIA have some
particular properties that make it much more powerfull (at least in
theory) ?

Some time ago, I read the MuCos 0.0.6 code I liked it for it's optimized

code (in spite of it's simpleness). So I'm impatient to see the 0.0.7
version (named Bond ? ;-).

Regards,

Guillaume Badaut.