[linux-audio-dev] present state of affairs with streaming frameworks

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] present state of affairs with streaming frameworks
From: Andy Wingo (apwingo_AT_eos.ncsu.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 05:43:25 EEST

I'd like to pose a question to those in the know: What is the difference
between LAAGA (or the goals of LAAGA) and GStreamer?

I've been lurking for a while, but even after looking through the
archives I've not been able to really flesh out the issue. Some folks
claimed that GStreamer's framework had too much overhead for a
low-latency system, but I couldn't find any numbers. Thanks very much
for any pointers you all might have.

Cheers,
Andy