Re: [linux-audio-dev] Q: recording output from audio applications to disk

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Q: recording output from audio applications to disk
From: Joakim Verona (joakim_AT_verona.se)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 21:31:42 EEST

Hello Kai,

thanks for this tip, but iäm having trouble getting it to work.

it records only one of the channels, and at odd speeds.

here is a description of my setup:

inspiron laptop using maestro chipset
alsa 0510
jazz sequencer
timidity
csound

timidity and csound play at the same time, driven by jazz.

this is what alsa believes about my soundcard:

[joakim_AT_motoko am_i_alive]$ aplay -l
ESS Maestro 2E: 1 [card1] / #0: ESS Maestro
  Directions: playback capture duplex
  Playback subdevices: 4
  Capture subdevices: 1
  Playback subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Playback subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Playback subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Playback subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Capture subdevice #0: subdevice #0

this is the ecasound line i tried:

 ecasound -a:bus1 -i alsalb,0,0,0 -o t1.wav -a:bus2 -i alsalb,0,1,1 -o
t2.wav

i also tried

ecasound -a:bus1 -i alsalb,0,0,0 -a:bus2 -i alsalb,0,0,1 -a:bus1,bus2
-o stereomix.wav

what do you think?

/joakim

--