Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:52:02 EEST

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 07:58:58PM +0300, Jarno Seppanen wrote:
> On every process cycle, the LAAGA system will provide a buffer of data to each
> input port, be it an audio or a control port. The buffers are of equal
> length, as there is currently one Global Sample Rate.
>
> Now, the ladspa plug-in will only use the very first sample from each control
> input port buffer, and produce only one sample to each control output port
> buffer. There's the problem, in this case.

But LADSPA per-block control ports aren't meant to be kept supplied with
control data at anything like audio rate or they would be audio rate (this
is possible). I wasn't imagining you would try to map audio rate control
data to per block, that doesn't make any sense.

If you did want to do that then the correct behaviour would be to tell the
ladspa plugin to process once for each change in the value of the control
input, wouldn't it?

- Steve