[linux-audio-dev] CVS?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] CVS?
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 13:17:45 EEST

Hello. This is slightly offtopic, but I would like to move to use
CVS for my LAD developments (source and documents). Anyone knows
how to compute md5sum value for the snapshot of the given day?
It cannot be done by taking md5sum of the snapshot tar file because
tar placed the current date (or such) inside the tar file.

I have so far use RCS (but unfortunately have not computed md5sums)
and I can say that a snapshot for given version number doesn't work
at all. If I check all files out, then I get files which were not
on the disk at the given day.

Okay, you got the picture.

Were it Apple who computed signatures of their files and published
them on a newpaper? It was done so that they are able to prove
that they have right to use techniques somebody might later obtain
patent for. I don't want publish unfinished ideas here, but I still
would like to be able to use my ideas later in my own free software.

Regards,

Juhana