Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Laaga multiple sample rates (Re: LAAGA: updates, laaga-0.2.0 tarball available)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 17:00:46 EEST

>> But N is not fixed! The host is free to call the plugin's run() or
>> runAdding() function with any non-zero argument. It might call it
>> like:
>>
>> run(16);
>> run(21467);
>> run(1);
>> run(480);
>> run(16384);
>
>May i just ask, out of curiousity, why the host would want to do that?

If the frames-between-interrupts was, say, 32657, and there was a
series of events received by the host that changed its internal state,
then it may need to subdivide the processing of those 32657 frames
into smaller blocks, changing state at the sample-accurate time
between each sub-block.

However, this is extremely unlikely and I was just using it as an
example for pedagogical/ranting purposes :)

--p