Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio webring.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio webring.
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:30:41 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:

> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
> > while talking about things-to-do, the linux audio user list is
> > active but hasn't been announced yet. will do that after the show.
> > dave p., if you read this, any ideas ?
>
> Hi, Jörn: I'm back from LSM, swamped with work, but I really want to get
> LAU off the ground. I'm open to discuss ideas for implementation: of
> course I'll add an announcement on my Web site, but perhaps we should
> announce in other forums, perhaps these:
>
> Csound
> ALSA users
> linux.sound.dev
> comp.os.linux.announce
> music-dsp
>
> Announcements on M-station and Linux Music would help too.

these seem to be all the important places.

but before launching it, how about the list scope ?
are driver problems on topic ?
i wouldn't mind, but then there's alsa-user and linux-sound.

when the list starts, we need to ask the lad-members to monitor it
for a while, so that there are some insightful people there before
the list has reached a critical mass of its own.

i will start writing a LAU page next week, after i have finished and
hopefully passed my computer science test on monday...
will ask frank n. for a lau logo based on his design, with the words
"Linux Audio Users" and maybe a different color scheme.

bye for now, i have to learn flip-flops, PGAs and prolog syntax :(

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany