Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Another Annoying "How Do I Get Started" Question
From: Greg Berchin (76145.2455_AT_compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 20:33:47 EEST

>> In reading the documentation for the FPU on the Athlon,
>> they state that it can perform two pipelined double precision floating
>> point multiplies per cycle.

>Are we talking about SIMD instructions here? I've never used them, but
>with generic i686 as produced by gcc -O6:

My mistake. It's one per cycle:

http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon/pdf/fpu_wp.pdf

I think that this is just raw FP performance; AMD states that only the MMX
and 3DNOW instructions are SIMD.

Another interesting document from AMD:

http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon/techdocs/pdf/22007.pdf

Greg Berchin