Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ... and full duplex problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ALSA, Muse, alsa-seq, emu10k ... and full duplex problems
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 22:03:52 EEST

Benno Senoner hat gesagt: // Benno Senoner wrote:

> Can anyone give me a tip how to make the emu10k1 MIDI sounddevice work ?
> Do I need to load some soundfont (general midi) that comes with the CD of the
> SBLive ?

Here's my full configuration including soundfont and a virtual midi card as
card1:

alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=2 snd_device_mode=0660 \
        snd_device_gid=29 snd_device_uid=0

alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-6 off
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias snd-card-0 snd-card-emu10k1

# virtual midi
alias sound-service-1-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-1-8 snd-seq-oss
alias snd-card-1 snd-card-virmidi

alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias sound-slot-2 snd-card-2
alias sound-slot-3 snd-card-3

alias snd-synth-midi snd-seq-midi
alias snd-seq-midi snd-synth-emu10k1
post-install snd-synth-emu10k1 /usr/bin/sfxload /usr/lib/sfbank/4gmgsmt.sf2

** Something else: **

I would really like to hear, if you or some other sblive users got full duplex
mode working, without glitches, cracks and pops after some time.

I experienced this phenomen with alsa-0.9.0x for example with csound and
with PD.

PD runs okay for some time, but after about 15 minutes the sound gets
distorted. I have to run PD with audio-in disabled ("-noadac")

That's really annoying and nobody on alsa-devel could help so far. I know
of two other people that have the same problem.

Any ideas?

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______