[linux-audio-dev] Hmmm, interesting statement on latency

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Hmmm, interesting statement on latency
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 20:13:44 EEST

I found this article on www.prorec.com on Windows 2000, thought you all
would find it interesting:

"in the average PC Windows 2000 is able to meet worst case high priority
task latencies close to 1 ms, while Windows 9X
does not even meet 100 ms. Worst-case high priority task latency is the
single most important measure of a systems ability to
perform low latency real-time processing of massive data amounts."

That seems like a HELL of an improvement! I like the 'in the average' part
though. What latency are we targeting for Linux??

Rick

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |
| Senior Design Engineer +---+ +----+ |