Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 19:55:10 EEST

>From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
>
>http://plugin.org.uk/releases/0.1.14/
[ ... ]
>There is a very nice mono-in, stereo-out reverb from Juhana Sadeharju,
>comments and suggestions should be mailed to him at "kouhia at
>nic.funet.fi".

We had some problems in moving to LADSPA. Can anyone test GVerb
with the test samples at "http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/gverbexample.tgz"
and compare with my results (also in the example package)?

Test samples are noise* and results are w*. All files are raw stereo
16-bit audio at rate 44100 Hz. I used only the left channel of the
noise files as mono input. Use "wet" setting for the plug-in (I designed
GVerb only for wet setting).

Well, it is not perfect reverb, but I learned quite a much about
reverberation in designing and tuning the GVerb. Perhaps my next reverb
is much better!

Regards,

Juhana