Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA name

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA name
From: thanigai mani (vnisor_AT_onebox.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 23:33:01 EEST

hi
i want to unsubscribe from the mailing list pls help me

--
thanigai mani
vnisor_AT_onebox.com - email

---- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote: > On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:38:12AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote: > > would it be too dreadfully obnoxious and steinberg sniping to rename > > LAAGA as "FreeWire" ? > > Weeeell.... > > FreeWire sounds much more like a thing for freely wireing together > free audio > apps in a free way. > > freewire.org has gone, laaga.org hasn't. > > There are allready lots of things called FreeWire (bands, isps etc.), > Laaga appears to be a Hindu word, but appart from that there the only > hits > on google are linux audio related. > > FreeWire may piss off Steinberg, while this may be and end in itsself, > look what happend to Killustrator. I'm not too hot on trademark laws, > but > they definatly frown on that sort of thing. > > FreeWire sounds vaguely like drugs reference, LAAGA sounds like a Beer > reference ;) > > Pretty 50/50 imho. > > - Steve >

__________________________________________________ FREE voicemail, email, and fax...all in one place. Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com