Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] ls colors

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [OT] ls colors
From: Kevin Conder (kconder_AT_interaccess.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 08:58:21 EEST

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Richard Dobson wrote:

> I have one example where I would really like to have an answer: having
> installed Mandrake 7.2 (replacing an old but pleasant Redhat 6), I have
> the problem that in the terminal (under KDE), different file types are
> now colour-coded.

        The "ls" command is configured for color output on your system.
Using "ls --color=none" should provide some temporary relief. This should
be clearly documented, just type "man ls".

        A more permanent solution would to be to create an alias for the
ls command so that it always uses the "--color=none" option. To do so, you
would execute this command:
        alias ls='ls --color=none '

=== Kevin Conder