Re: [linux-audio-dev] what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] what's wrong with glame
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 15:51:41 EEST

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> >
> > I believe that studies have been done with dynamic menus. They found that
> > it was confusing to have the menus rearrange. Humans get used to looking
> > for the same thing in one place, and if the place changes and we have to
> > look for it, it is an annoying slowdown.
> >

> Don't rearrange the existing menu just have a "best of menu" in the
> menu.

But that menu would be rearranging, so it would be slower to use it. Now,
I would suggest connecting the redo, or some "do again" command to the
last action taken. The user always knows what he did, and always knows
where the "do again" command is located. This would be most helpful if
the previous command was buried in submenus.

Taybin