Re[4]: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame

Subject: Re[4]: [linux-audio-dev] modifiers was - what's wrong with glame
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 18:38:58 EEST

The problem is getting to that point. I just don't want to put the
effort into emacs since vim does what I need better. Not saying that
the whole 'vi' interface was any easier. I know people who use emacs
and are incredible with it. I think you missed part of my point.
Having remappable keys is part of the issue, the second part is a
comprimise between usability and power. For new people to use
something, its easier if it follows a standard of sorts, THEN, they
can begin using EVERYTHING :) I have used Cakwalk for years and when
I started using Cubase, no problem, worked great. Now when I
installed Logic it looked real cool but was not easy to use for me
(<-- notice me).

Rick