Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] User Interface
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 17:24:31 EEST

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:02:29AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> Steve has managed to get Ardour built and running on RH7.1, and the
> primary tactic was to build almost every library it uses from source.

Actually its looking like it was just a coincidence, and the one version I
tried a few months back run OK. When I tried to recompile it with current
versions, it built, but was very unstable.

At home it is fairly stable but you can't remove plugins (that has always
been the case, even when it was a rh6 machine).

I think some of the 3rd party libraries must be dodgy, but I've no idea which
one(s).

- Steve