[linux-audio-dev] New OSX services

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] New OSX services
From: Thomas Hudson (thudson_AT_gobe.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 09:20:14 EEST

I thought it might be interesting to many linux audio developers to see
the new APIs available for Mac OSX which were just published:

http://developer.apple.com/audio/pdf/coreaudio.pdf

Note that the MIDI stuff is similar to ALSA in that "sources" and
"destinations"
can be hardware or applications.

What I thought was especially interesting is their AudioUnits API. Seems
like they're specify a unit generator or LADSPA-type plugin system at the
OS level, though it is a pull I/O model.

Thomas