[linux-audio-dev] OSS/Free virtual midi

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS/Free virtual midi
From: David Riley (dave_AT_dmriley.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 01:11:24 EEST

I'm trying to emulate an external midi controller using the
text keyboard, to use with ecasound's `-km' switch. I'm
allocating a + and - key for each controller and sending
controller events to a virtual midi device based on the
keypresses, but ecasound won't respond to them.

I don't know if there's some configuration I've missed (I
just compiled and loaded the modules with no arguments),
or if this is not possible. I can't find any documentation
for the virtual midi driver although I've read the oss.pdf
file from the 4-front site. (I tried reading the driver src
but it's in a foreign language :)

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, or if not, could I
do it with alsa? If anyone wants to see my code, it's at
http://www.dmriley.demon.co.uk/tmp/kmc.pl
(requires Perl5 w/ Term::ReadKey).

--
David Riley 		dave_AT_dmriley.demon.co.uk