Re: [linux-audio-dev] New in this world...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New in this world...
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 22:39:04 EEST

Owen McCusker wrote:

> I am running Red Hat 7.0, and had much trouble matching my current libs,
> with the ones
> required by Ardour. I will try the tar ball next.
>
> I do have 9beta loaded, and am going through the same
> investigation. Hopefully in a few days I will have some feedback.
>
> Owen

the tarball is not really a solution. if you have problems with
libraries that your system provides, they won't go away when you use
the tarball.
check out the cvs, read the readme, see how far you get, and do
subscribe to ardour-dev and post your questions there.
(not that i mind them being posted here, but compiling ardour is
most definitely non-trivial, and you're much more likely to find
help on ardour-dev.)

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany