[linux-audio-dev] A Wiki for LAD designs?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] A Wiki for LAD designs?
From: Simon Per Soren Kagedal (simon_AT_cs.uoregon.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 05:26:23 EEST

Hi LAD,

While we're at the topic of web sites...

One thing that I would like a LAD website to have is a summarization
of the problems and their suggested solutions that have been discussed
on this mailing list. This could help new members to get up to date and
old members to structure their brains. :) Some examples:

Problems:
  1. Inter-app sharing of audio data
  2. Inter-app sharing of events (MIDI, control etc..)
  3. The LADSPA GUI issue
  etc...

And for each problem, there should a list of requirements (such as
minimum latency etc.), all with pointers to mailing list discussions
or other resources to verify the point.

After the requirements are in place, every project such as aRts, ALSA,
AES, GStreamer that aspires to solve these problem could present their
solution and how they are fulfilling the requirements or not.

And I think an excellent tool for this job would be a Wiki:

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki

This way the document could be completely dynamic and simply updated
by whoever has time and inspiration to incorporate some specific
idea/problem/solution. Eventually it could evolve and be edited into
a more book-like form.

Also look at GStreamer's wiki:

http://gstreamer.net/wiki/

and the software they use, MoinMoin: