the web [linux-audio-dev] future linuxaudiodev.org site ... Was: Re: lad on the web

Subject: the web [linux-audio-dev] future linuxaudiodev.org site ... Was: Re: lad on the web
From: John Littler (jlittler_AT_mstation.org)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 11:37:52 EEST

> Hello John,
>
> I must agree with previous posters that the content of M station is
> absolutely brilliant, tons of interesting stuff. Thank you!

Thanks a lot :)

> However, the design is very confusing. It's hard to see what's new,
> what's interesting etc. All pages look different. It is in most
> cases hard to find out when an article was published.

The new stuff is always top left on the front page ... 'interesting'
is subjective,
and so harder to arrange. Different looking pages is a choice we've
made which we'll stick to for now. And yes, the dating of pages has
room
for improvement.

> I think a nicely design original-content website is linuxpower.org,
> which carries GNOME articles/interviews. This would be an excellent
> format for M station to follow, in my opinion.

One thing we've tried to do is have most stories accessable from the
front
page. 'Above the fold' (at 1024 x 768) at linuxpower are 27 links
while Mstation has 45 (not
counting the top menu and ad). Sometime soon there will be another
redesign which will most likely involve more 'drilling down' for old
articles.
Cheers
John

--