Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA proposal, part ??

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA proposal, part ??
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 08:31:53 EEST

I don't want to start a holy war, but just to give you some idea
of where I'm coming from, I started programming in C in 1981, when
there was a total of one book in print on the subject (K&R, of course).

I love the language, and ANSI C fixed all deficiencies, in my opinion.

As for C++, in my *opinion*, it is an abomination, not a decent programming
language. There are some features in it that are nice, but absolutely
not worth the overblown sickness of it all. I think it is very appropriate
that Microsoft chose C++ for use in Windows programming. If I could
stomach C++ without dying of nausea, I'd be writing Windows apps now
and would be filthy rich from it.

And as for object orientedness, I personally find absolutely no use
for it at all. It simply is not a programming model that I find at all
intuitive or clear. And again, I don't feel the benefits are worth
the costs. I would rather do without it and keep things simple.

This, by the way, is coming from someone who has actually programmed
in Simula 67! (And yes, I thought it was a pretty silly language.)

- Jay Ts