[linux-audio-dev] X and audio and video sync.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] X and audio and video sync.
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 00:13:35 EEST

Here's something interesting I read in an interview with Jim Gettys ...

Link: http://www.linuxpower.org/display.php?id=211

>There is a bit of work to hook up its facilities to the audio clocks
left undone
>(though Keith Packard and I have been corresponding somewhat with Alan
Cox
>about what needs to be at the driver level (X Synchronization
"counters" need to
>be hooked up to the real time clock and the audio sample clocks). This
would
>allow very tight synchronization of graphics to an audio stream (down
to the
>millisecond level).

Now synchronizing graphics to and audio stram down to the millisecond
seems a very nice idea to me :)
I thought it might also be interesting to some of you ...

Regards
Vincent