Re: [linux-audio-dev] latest audioengine snapshot (laaga proposal)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] latest audioengine snapshot (laaga proposal)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 23:48:19 EEST

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 11:26:06PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> http://www.op.net/~pbd/audioengine-0.0.1.tar.gz

I've just played with it, seems quite clean, though there seem to be some
bugs in the way it gives up shm memory, or doesn't rather. Is that related
to IPC_RMID?

> * clean client exit (unclean is detected, however)

Doesn't allways work though, sometimes it seems to kill the server.

> * timebase stuff (clock master API)

I'm still not sure this should be an API, couldn't it be implemented by
connecting to a timebase output port? Or is there a good reason not to do
this?

I sometimes have two different timebases in my setups, midi clock (if
that counts) and mmc (smpte?*), not neccesarily in sync. eg. a synth and
step sequncer linked by midi clock, and a sequncer and hdr linked by mmc.

- Steve

* I can never remeber which bit of the MMC related stuff is resonsible for
  the timebase, so s/MMC/whatever i meant/g.