[linux-audio-dev] Please help with MIDI programming

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Please help with MIDI programming
From: Night Goblin (ng_AT_nm.ru)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 23:03:55 EEST

Hello!

I am an absolute novice in Linux programming (and in Linux at all :).
My problem now is that I have an MC-303 Roland Groovebox and I'd like
to have a little program what can send and receive dumps. Now I use
Cakewalk v9.0, but it has no transmit/receive data integrity control.
However, when I load the dump to the groovebox, it tells me about
error #3 several of times, that means a data receive error (maybe I'm
not right?) and after that I have many corrupted patterns and/or songs.

If you can tell me how could I use Linux MIDI interface (and where it
is) to write some small utility to have a better control with TXD/RXD,
please answer me, it will be <very nice> (Cannot write more exactly,
excuse me my English... :^).

Thank you so well,
                   N.G.