Re: [linux-audio-dev] audioengine/laaga snapshot and some performance data

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] audioengine/laaga snapshot and some performance data
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 12:26:31 EEST

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> i have an outstanding problem right now: its hard to dynamically
> increase the total number of output ports in the system. the shm
> segments that we use for port buffers need to be mapped into each
> client's address space at the same location, and this can be hard to
> do, i think. any comments or ideas on this are very, very welcome.

Umm - I didnt look too close at your implementation, but I dont
think you want to use multiple shm segments. Just allocate one
large (ok, statically sized, but of "we'll never need more mem"
size) segment and do some simple memory management inside it.
(I gave you the pointer to the shm management code I wrote
years ago).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/