Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midiator MS-124W

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midiator MS-124W
From: D. Marcus Johnson (schwaahed_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 01:25:35 EET

Hi Douglas,

I tried using it with csound elara and PD and nothing
Happens. I've tried getting the signal from /dev/ttyS0
and /dev/midi. The silkscreen on the top of the box
and on the invoice say "MS-124" but the sticker on the
bottom,the manual say "MS-124W". The salesperson from
Midiator, even said that someone else From NYC had
bought one to use with linux Wednesday Feb 28,2001.
They also definitely charged me the 159.99 which is
the price for the ms-124w the others are less
expensive. I am probably missing something simple.

Any suggetions for a simple test to see if this is the
actul MS-124W and or if the drivers are loaded and
working would be greatly appreciated. I will check
out other things with my system but everything seems
fine except this.

-Thanks
Darwin

--- douglas irving repetto
<douglas_AT_music.columbia.edu> wrote:
> "D. Marcus Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone point me to some good documentaion on
> > getting this running on Linux?
> >
> > -Thanks
> > Darwin

> > http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
>

> are you using the driver here:
>
> ftp://presto.music.virginia.edu/pub/midiator

Yes I am.

http://music.columbia.edu/cmc/dorkbotnyc