[linux-audio-dev] soundfile duration

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] soundfile duration
From: David Birchfield (dab_AT_music.columbia.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 22:24:47 EET

Hi All,

I am looking for a very simple utility which would allow me to issue a
shell command and would return the precise duration of the given soundfile
(in seconds or milliseconds preferably). I thought I might be able to do
this with Sox, but have not had any luck - perhaps I am missing something?

Thanks in advance!
David