Re: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] General Recording Device and Environment Questions
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 20:20:48 EET

>I've been unable to get ALSA (0.5.10b) work with my Delta 1010. I'm using
>commercial OSS driver which works very well.

Just a general comment: ALSA 0.5.X is *so* old at this point that
nobody should be judging ALSA by the way it performs. Its regrettable
that its taken so long to get a new "stable" release ready, causing
many people who don't want to deal with CVS or "snapshots" to remain
"stuck" with such an old code base. But 0.9.0 will be out Real Soon
Now, and you should see remarkable improvements in many, many ways.
In particular, 0.9.0 works very well with the Delta 1010, modulo some
possible minor bugs that are revealed only by "bleeding edge" apps.

--p