Re: [linux-audio-dev] Pd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Pd
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 22:23:05 EET

Ian Knopke wrote:

> I also did a performance with PD on Sunday night, here in Montreal at
> Mcgill University. It works very well. It is a bit more "raw" than max,
> but is also more stable under Linux than max with the Mac OS.
>
> I did have some trouble with the sound card though. Maybe someone
> knows about this. I am using an SB Live card with the most recent drivers.
> Some of the sound from the microphone input seems to be leaking through
> directly to the first line output on the back. Does anyone know of a way
> to disable this?

i'm seeing the same. have you tried livemixer ?
it's here: http://www.geocities.com/gkovesdi/

not that it's end-user ready yet, but it's a hell of a lot more
userfriendly than amixer.
maybe with some serious try-and-error, you will find what leaks.
if i make any progress, i'll keep you posted.

regards,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
home://Kurfürstenstr.49.45138.Essen.Germany