Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent_AT_ulyssis.org)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 23:51:55 EEST

Hi,

I'm rather new to this list, but I'm very happy to see that there some
good thinking going on here.
I just liked to say that the idea of using callback-functions is very
appealing.

I have worked on a totally different project using GNU Maverik (a nice
VR tool), which also uses callbackfunctions and I have to admit that you
can gain a lot of flexibility with it: just register your own
callbackfunction you've just written and you can work with the VR engine
: ). Now if we could do something similar with the audio engine that
would be great I guess.

Writing an API using callbackfunctions doesn't produce 'nice' code
(within the API code itself), but with enough wrapping, it could be a
nice API to use for application. developers though.

What is the main coding language by the way: C / C++ ?

I hope you will be seeing more of me, after my exams :)
Kind Regards

Vincent