Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 17:58:03 EEST

On the subject of delays caused by busses:

I realized since sending my reply to Tom that I had to solve this
problem already in Quasimodo, and the solution I used there is almost
identical to the one expressed by Jim in his perl script.

There is no problem with the delay if the plugin list is ordered to
reflect read/write relationships; a feedback loop makes a complete
description impossible but as Tom notes, this is a situation with
other implications and extenuating circumstances.

I'll fix AES today so this works correctly. I don't know what I didn't
understand this before, but somehow reading my own mail made it clear :)

--p