[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA LGPL Shock

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA LGPL Shock
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 02:13:55 EEST

Against all expectation I've managed to find time to do a LGPL release of
LADSPA.

I'm not entirely happy about this scenario - see
http://www.ladspa.org/cmt/license.html and
http://www.ladspa.org/ladspa_sdk/license.html for some issues. However this
approach puts at least some license on LADSPA so that it can be released in
Linux distributions - it will need tweaking to make it less restrictive so
that it can be used with closed-source hosts and plugins. Any lawyers out
there?

Apologies to everyone for the delay, and thanks to Kai who suggested
more-or-less this approach to me weeks ago...

--Richard