Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: costs of IPC

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: costs of IPC
From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 17:53:11 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 09:22:14PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > I've plotted process size against cpu use % for Abramo's test code,
> > http:/plugin.org.uk/spmp/
>
> Now has combined graphs and comparison with single CPU machine.
>
> I'm not sure what to make of the differences, its worht noting that the
> single cpu machine gets its fs from a fileserver, which I think explains
> some of the differences.

Wow! It's wonderful.

I think that now we have proved that:
- multiprocess approach is relatively cheap
- whole object size has dramatic effect

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo_AT_alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Phone: +39.546.656023 Via Emilia Interna, 140 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy

ALSA project http://www.alsa-project.org It sounds good!