Re: [linux-audio-dev] CFV: LAD Logo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] CFV: LAD Logo
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 20:19:39 EEST

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> >maarten de boer: http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/ladlogo_final/
> >frank neumann: http://lakai.sourceforge.net/lad/
>
> Neumann.
>
> Both are terrible: Boer has unclear drawing (something to do with knitting?)
> and bad looking text arrangement. Neumann has meaningless drawing but very
> good arrangement.

This is unacceptably harsh for the generally polite tone of this list.
Both authors worked hard on their logos and deserve respect for their
efforts. Please phrase criticisms more carefully in the future,
particularly in matters that are purely subjective.

Karl

> I would go for Neumann's arrangement but the logo should be redesigned
> for future happenings.
>
> Juhana

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Computer Music Department |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac |