Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: costs of IPC

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: costs of IPC
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 23:05:41 EEST

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 02:51:24PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> in real-life, there is (period_duration-cpu_time_for_period) after the
> completion of a "proc" cycle during which the processor is free to run
> other threads.

Actually, its not as bad as it seems, because I forgot to run the tests as
root, so there were plenty of processes intrupting. Too many infact ;)

I will rerun the graph script if Abramo changes the program so that it
sleeps for the right amount of time.

I've attached my working version of hte latest test program and the very
dodgy perl script I use to make the graph data.

- Steve